Saturday, June 11, 2005
Cats Use Fax As Toilet, Spark House Fire
From WastedBlog.com - Cats Use Fax As Toilet
Cats use fax as toilet, spark house fire
Fri Jun 10,10:04 AM ET
TOKYO (Reuters) - Two kittens picked the wrong place to relieve themselves when they urinated on a fax machine, sparking a fire that extensively damaged their Japanese owner's house.
Investigators in the western city of Kobe have concluded that the fire in January was caused by a spark generated when the urine soaked the machine's electrical printing mechanism.
The fire damaged the kitchen and living room before it was put out by the house's owner, who was treated for mild smoke inhalation, said Masahito Oyabu, a fireman at the Nagata fire station in central Kobe.
The kittens quickly ran to safety, he added.
"If you have a cat, or a dog for that matter, be careful where they urinate," Oyabu said. "Especially keep them away from electrical appliances and wires."
Please Note: That was NOT the last post in [The Blog] ...
Please review the ARCHIVE Section at the top on the left side.
| Home | Top | About | Authors | Archives | Affiliates | Newsletter | Links | Tag-Board | Site Feed | Utilities | News Feeds | The Cutest Pet! | Daily Cartoon | PetLvr Polls |
* Comments Welcome *
P E T L V R.com
TOLL-FREE FAX LINE: 1-(800)-613-2087
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA CANADA
JUMP TO THE PAPILLONLVR's DOG'S WEBSITE
PapillonLvr.com - pronounced: pap-e-yawn-love-er-dot-com