Thursday, June 09, 2005
Want to Send a Sympathy Gift For the Loss of a Pet?
If You Want to Send a Sympathy Gift For the Loss of a Pet, Here Are Some Suggestions
by Tara Pearce
If a friend of family member has just lost a pet, it’s natural to want to send them a sympathy gift. The hard part isn’t pulling out your credit card to buy though – it’s deciding what to send. It’s a sensitive time and you don’t want to upset someone who’s close to you. That’s why we’re here. We’ve been on both sides of this terrible time and can guide you in terms of what to send.
If you have a tight budget, for less than $50 you can get the following items:
- A book that helps the pet owner through their grieving.
- A memorial stone for the backyard, engraved with the pet’s name, date of birth or a nice poem.
- A figurine of the pet’s breed is always nice.
- A necklace with a bone or a dog pendant.
- A picture frame and put a picture of the pet in it.
If you have a little more to play with, for under $100 you could get:
- A granite pet marker with the text of your choice.
- A portrait frame urn for a keepsake or cremains.
- A memorial stone with a beautiful saying: “If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to Heaven and bring you Home again”
If money is not the issue, and you don’t mind going over $100, you might like:
- A Rock Urn. Urns don’t necessarily have to hold ashes; this beautiful rock urn that is designed to withstand the weather could hold a favorite toy instead, or whatever your friend would like.
- A River Rock memorial, engravable with 2-4 lines of text. These are just gorgeous and perfect for the garden.
- If you have picture of the pet, consider an artistic rendition (quite realistic) on an ostrich or emu egg. It’s breathtaking, I can assure you.
I hope this has given you some ideas, and that the grieving pet owner in your life enjoys your sympathy gift. To buy any of the products mentioned, please visit our Pet Loss Gifts & Cards page.
About the Author
Tara Pearce is the author and webmaster of http://www.pet-memorials-info.com/pet-loss-gifts.htm
Visit our site for information on pet memorial, pet urns, pet caskets and pet loss sympathy gifts.
Please Note: That was NOT the last post in [The Blog] ...
Please review the ARCHIVE Section at the top on the left side.
| Home | Top | About | Authors | Archives | Affiliates | Newsletter | Links | Tag-Board | Site Feed | Utilities | News Feeds | The Cutest Pet! | Daily Cartoon | PetLvr Polls |
* Comments Welcome *
P E T L V R.com
TOLL-FREE FAX LINE: 1-(800)-613-2087
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA CANADA
JUMP TO THE PAPILLONLVR's DOG'S WEBSITE
PapillonLvr.com - pronounced: pap-e-yawn-love-er-dot-com